A lot of window cleaners have been adding an electric motor to their hose reels. I decided to wait and see if there were any problems with their diy systems before modding my own reel. There hasn’t been many problems, so I decided to go ahead with. I only needed 4 parts and got them all off Ebay. Setting up the motor only took a few hours and it works great.
It winds the hose as quick as by hand and with no effort. I’ve used a remote switch so the hose can be wound in as I walk back to the van. This is saving time and effort.
The only problem with it, is that the hose can get tangled up if you don’t keep an eye on it. I’m looking at creating my own reel to reduce tangling.